Poshalicious Recipes: Leek and Potato Soup - Hippy Style
- 3 large leeks, sliced about a 1/2 inch wide or less. washed carefully! whites and first two inches of green bit. Ontario grown!
- 4 medium to 3 large potatoes - Russets or Yukon gold- cubed, your can peel them for very smooth soup or leave the skins on and have a more rustic constancy. Sometime's I peel some and leave one with its peel on.* PEI’s grown My fav is Yukon gold gives a creamy soup.
- Veg stock or water if keeping it plant base, if not chicken stock -4 cups
- I table spoon of tamari sauce or 1 teaspoon good salt- Muldon/ Himalayan
- I glove of garlic minced
- 2 shallots- minced
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 table spoon's of olive oil or 2-3 table spoons of butter or combo of both.
- cracked pepper to taste
- Sriracha for the heat lovers
- Flat parsley to garnish
- Wash the leeks and put in big soup pot sauté with the shallots, oil or butter till soft, stirring a lot with a wooden spoon, med high heat.
- When soft add garlic give it 3 min to infuse. then add potatoes, stock and tamari. Then bring to a boil, then turn it down to simmer, as soon as potato's are cooked.
- Take out one big cup. puree/ blend up the soup in the pot, add back the one cup of not blended, you can add more water or stock to make the soup more liquid if needed.
- Let low simmer for 10 min then add any seasoning. It's always different, adding more salt or pepper or hot sauce for those inclined in their separate big bowls.
Serve with Dark rye bread or a Green salad.