A great pasta dish. you need big bowl you can put in the oven to just warm it. To serve it . Family style.
- 2 Red bell peppers deseeded and sliced
- 2 Yellow Bell peppers, deseeded and sliced with olive oil, sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 Red onions peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 hand full of fresh flat leaf parsley. leaves finely chopped, stalks reserved
- 2 table spoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 hands full of grated Parmesan cheese
Optional - 2 table spoons of creme fraiche OR 2 big tablespoons of mascarpone cheese. this is a add on.
1 lb Rigatoni or Penne. Rigatoni is best!!
- Put all the peppers in a large frying pan over a low medium heat with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.( Place lid on, I use my soup pot lid)
- Cook slowly for 15 min. until softened. Don’t rush it.. brings out the flavours. Add the onion and cook another 15-20 min.
- Then add the garlic and and parsley stalks. Toss around with a bit more salt and pepper.
- Keep everything moving around in the pan. Cook for about 3 mins. Have a taste to see if you need to add a bit more salt or pepper.
- Add the vinegar- it will sizzle away. if not turn up the heat but keep things moving.
- Then add one handful of grated cheese. and the other option, if you decide to do it, pick one- Mascarpone or creme fraiche.
- Turn the heat down to lowest minimum while you cook the pasta.
- Keep a little bit of the pasta water, 1 1/2 table spoon. aside when ready to drain your pasta. Al dente is always best.
- Put the peppers, pasta and chopped fresh parsley leaves into the large warm bowl add the pasta water and olive oil, to coat the pasta nicely.
- Serve straight away with added grated cheese sprinted with the rest of the parmesan.