When we first heard about the shutdowns and pandemic, I bought a big bag of three types of legumes/beans that we love to eat. Typically, I buy cans, but I decided to be smart and frugal and use our Instant Pot.
Now it is a few months later and it never happened. I decided to look up recipes where I would be able to use them up.
Here is one that I am going to try out that sounds both yummy and healthy. Of course, it is much more work than using the cans, but I will soak the beans overnight. As an FYI soaking them overnight makes it much easier on the tummy!
PS- The Instant Pot is awesome, and I highly recommend it.
- 6 oz/175 g mixed salad greens
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cooked beets
- ¾ cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 cup canned (or dried) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ canned (or dried) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned (or dried) flageolets, drained and rinsed
- Scant 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Scant ½ cup roasted cashew nuts
- About 2 cups drained feta cheese, crumbled
- Arrange the salad greens in a salad bowl and set aside.
- Cut the onion in half and thinly slice to form semicircles. Put into a bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and peel the beets, if necessary and dice.
- Add to the onion with the remaining ingredients, except for the nuts and cheese.
- Sprinkle over the nuts and cheese and serve at once.