This time of year Canada’s farms produce beautiful pears. Here is a something a little different. Using flat breads makes it super easy.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1onion, large, peeled, cut in half, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pear, peeled and sliced
- 2 pieces naan bread, whole
- 4 tbsp pesto
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 12 basil leaves, fresh
- 1 red pepper, seeded, roasted and peeled
- 0.5 lb brie cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat oil in skillet. Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides.
- Once browned, add chicken broth and cover to poach until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- While chicken is cooking, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of olive oil in another skillet. Add onions and balsamic vinegar. Caramelize onions by cooking over medium to medium high heat and constantly stirring. Once onions are almost cooked as desired, add sliced pears to pan and caramelize slightly with onions.
- Place chicken breasts on cutting board and let cool very slightly. Slice chicken breasts into thick strips against the grain.
- Assemble flat bread by spreading 2 tbsp (30 mL) of pesto sauce on each piece of naan bread. Top with baby spinach, basil leaves, roasted red pepper, chicken, onion and pear mixture and slices of brie cheese.
- Place on baking sheet and cook in oven until cheese melts slightly.
- Cut and serve immediately. Serves 4.