In the changing season I am now into salads , especially when they look pretty. Here are some of my go to recipes:
- lettuce, avocado, beets, goat cheese, raspberries, walnuts
- lettuce, green onions, apple, radishes, gouda cheese, alfalfa sprouts
- lettuce, roasted turkey, red onion, grape tomatoes. blue cheese, dried cranberries, sunflower sprouts
- lettuce, kiwi, mango, tomato, almonds (or any nuts really- sometimes I will toast them – i.e. pine nuts)
- watermelon, blueberries, mint, feta cheese. Dressing - lime juice, touch of pepper and salt + olive oil. (Hint-make it just before serving as it does not hold up for a long time).
Lunch salad: Lentils & Feta Cheese Salad
*Serves two for a main lunch or serve on a bed of greens.
- 100 grams Puy lentils
- 250 ml. water
- 1 bay leaf
- 150 grams green beans - haricot verts
- 1 large carrot
- 1 red onion
- 75 grams feta cheese
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey (runny)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place lentils and bay leaf in small saucepan
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid and cook for 20 min. or until the lentils are cooked (but not mushy).
- Place the sliced carrots in another pot, and boil in salted water until almost cooked. Move carrots into cold water to stop the cooking (as you do not want to over cook).
- Bring another pot of water to a boil and add green beans. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove to cold water.
- Dice the onion finely.
- Rinse the lentils in cold water and drain. Put them in a large serving plate and toss with the beans, carrots, onions, and coriander.
- Dressing: whisk together the sesame and olive oil, vinegar, and honey.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
- drizzle with dressing and finish with crumbling over the feta cheese.
Sending Light and Love,