I am a big fan of Jamie Oliver. I admire that he is a chef with social conscience, demonstrating this through his actions over the years. This week’s recipe is taken from his book ‘5 Ingredients- Quick and Easy Food’. This recipe serves 4 and takes only 15 minutes.
- 1 ½ cups white basmati rice
- 6 heaping teaspoons green olive tapenade
- 12 oz. ripe mixed-color cherry tomatoes
- ½ bunch of fresh basil (½ oz.)
- 1 lb white fish fillets, such as Haddock, skin off, pin-boned (I use Tilapia or Basa fish).
- In a large shallow casserole pan on a high heat, mix the rice with 2 heaping teaspoons of tapenade. Pour over 2 ½ cups of water.
- Put the lid on and let it come to a boil.
- While waiting to boil half the tomatoes and in a bowl mix them with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Taste, season to your preference with sea salt and black pepper and tear in most of the basil leaves.
- Cut the fish into four equal-sized pieces and place in the pan, pushing them into the rice.
- Scatter over the dressed tomatoes.
- Put the lid back on and boil for 10 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
- Remove the lid and cook for a further 2 minutes until all the liquid is evaporated.
- Spoon the remaining tapenade and basil
leaves over the fish.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and serve.
I hope you enjoy as much as I do!