Poshalicious Recipes: Maple Syrup Butter Tart Squares
Maple syrup is running.. this recipe is perfectly Canadian. Right now a super sweet sugar rush is welcomed.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter , cubed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter , melted
- POSITION rack in bottom third of oven. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil an 8 × 8-in. baking dish, then line with overhanging parchment.
- WHIRL flour with granulated sugar and salt in a food processor until combined. Add cubed butter and continue whirling until a ball forms, 1 min. Press dough firmly into an even layer in prepared dish.
- WHISK brown sugar with eggs in a large bowl. Stir in cream, maple syrup and melted butter. Pour over dough.
- BAKE in bottom third of oven until filling is puffed, about 1 hour. Transfer to a rack to cool completely, about 2 hours.