This recipe is from a Bed and Breakfast that they serve for Brunch in Salt Spring Island, British Columbia. So yummy!
- 2 ¼ cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of ripe mashed bananas (about 2 large bananas or 3 medium)
- ¾ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the mashed bananas, milk, honey, egg and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan and smooth is out into one even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until the top is set and lightly golden brown (mine is usually perfect around 35-36 minutes).
- Once removed from oven cool for 10-15 minutes,
- Slice and serve warm or cool. Enjoy!