- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans (undrained)
- 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions and garlic in oil until onions turn clear, about 5 minutes.
Carefully add in the tomato sauce and black beans and reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the cumin, cayenne pepper, and chili powder, then stir to combine well.
- Cover and allow to simmer at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
Enjoy your homemade vegetarian black bean chili!